Saturday, May 19, 2007

View Points

"We are all apt to believe what the world believes about us." George Eliot

I find that it's true, at least for me, that we are more likely to believe what others have to say about us. Which can be positive and negative! If people believe in us and encourage us to be all we can be, then we see that in ourselves. However, if there is someone who is constantly berating and belittling us, we lose faith and believe that we don't have any worth.

How do we overcome? How do we put aside what others have to say about us and look only to the Lord? I ask myself this every day. I know that I know, God's view of me, is far better than anything I can imagine myself. It's becoming quite apparent to me that I need to take time every day to look at myself, and those around me, with God's eyes. My eyes can be deceptive. But, if I look with the eyes of the Lord, oh the beauty that would be before me.

No comments: