Tuesday, December 9, 2008

mean muggin'

it's been tense here at work. we are in the middle of budgeting, cutbacks, possible job losses and lots of other craziness here at the Y. and let me say it has people on edge. i can't tell you how many mean muggin' faces have been going around the last few weeks. but today those mean mugs are at an all time high. i even tried to smile at my boss because normally when her chi is all out of whack she's still kind to me. not today, friends. today i got the dirtiest mean mug ever. i have a feeling the next 4 hours are going to be oh so pleasant. not.

we just need to find a way to turn these frowns, upside down!!

2 comments:

becca said...

"To spread a little holiday cheer, sing real loud for all to hear!" - Buddy the Elf

Raelynn said...

if only i could...

actually, yesterday i was sitting at my desk working on spreadsheets and singing Rosie Thomas songs when our CEO walked in behind me. And he said, "hey no singing allowed. I must only see frowns. No merriment at the Y." Of course, he was only joking because of all the stress that everyone has been under. And trust me, there have been no happy faces. He then told me he was shocked that I could be so happy when people are walking around with frowny faces and biting heads off. I told him that it's because i'm pretty much fabulous. ha!! Which made him laugh. And I was able to reply with, "hey, no laughing at the Y. That's considered merriment!"