Tuesday, October 12, 2010

i just felt like runnin' UPDATE

I survived the race on Sunday, which was a grand feat for me. Especially since I forgot my inhaler on the chilly and rainy day and my lungs were BURNING!!!



Jill Carter is one of the best friends I have and she loves me well. She could have easily went on ahead, as I told her it was okay because I run at turtle speed, but she said it was not about winning, but running with me for a good cause. So we respectively came in last place together at a speed of 37:09 minutes. Granted there were only 12 5k-ers. Everyone else was doing the triathalon!! So, we kept it under 40 minutes even with the asthma/burning lungs/save me Sweet Baby Jesus I can't breathe moments.

Here's a pic of Team Crossroads--(minus Adam who was already on the biking portion of the triathalon)...



I believe the team was able to raise around $1700 for the first grade school in Mumbai, India. Check out more information on Crossroads International and the Alpha Care program, by clicking HERE or the link on the sidebar of my blog.

Go Team Crossroads!!!

4 comments:

Liz Lewis said...

Let's do the Louisville 5k! You did awesome!! 37 min, especially with burning asthmatic lungs, is so impressive. You rock!

becca said...

WOW!!! Good job girl! You are inspiring :)

Raelynn said...

thanks Becca. you are inspiring to me too!!

Liz...that's in 2 weeks. uh...give me a day to think about it. i thought that race was going to be the death of me. but I AM proud of myself.

Liz Lewis said...

All you need is your inhaler, a few short little jogs, and you can kick that races "you know what!" I know you can!!!