Monday, November 15, 2010

chocolate chip disaster

This weekend I had a FAIL of epic proportions. I managed to screw up not 1, but 2 chocolate chip cookie batches. It killed my spirit a little. Not much, but a little. I have never in my life thrown out cookie batter. And to do it twice was death to my ego. I'm not sure how I can face heading into prime holiday baking season with this hanging over my head now.

My roommates, Ginger and Mary Anne, said they wanted to taste it to see if it was as bad as I thought it was...but, I was so frustrated I dumped the batter in the trash. I may, or may not, get a little feisty and irrational when I'm upset about something when it comes to culinary creations. Regardless, I know something was wrong. A baker just knows. It was off. It was not even satisfactory....in my opinion. And since I was the one baking, I'm the one that says, Yay or Nay!!! And NAY it was folks, Nay it was.

I'm hoping that this looming cloud of depression of failing so bionically when it comes to baking won't hover long. But, I've decided the best thing to do is bake something this week to overcome the tragedy of the chocolate chip cookies. Then I'll be back in the game. Right? Right!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Maybe you should just come over and we'll make Norwegian cookies together......you get to wear your sexy heels all by yourself, tho. That's a deal-breaker for me ;P

Jana Martin said...

Hahahaha you're so cute Raelynn! Your blog always makes me laugh!