Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Wow! Another year has come and gone. It's true that time does fly by faster when you're older. I'm excited for 2013 and I am going in to the new year with great expectations. I woke up this morning feeling excited about what's to come. Not sure what that is or what it will look like? But dang it, I'm excited. It's good. I intentionally prayed last night that I would not allow disappointments of 2012 to follow me, drag me down or make me feel any less. Instead I choose to focus on the good of the past year, the amazing growth I journeyed through and all those wonderful places that God showed up in so many ways. I realize sometimes we (especially me) allow the negative to outshine the goodness that's all around. And it truly is all around. Ignoring that goodness is a negative way to be; but unfortunately, one that we (again, especially me) are so used to and generally choose to believe. Negativity is lamesauce.  I don't want to linger in that atmosphere anymore.

This 1st day of January 2013 I am choosing to thank God for all He has in store for me. I am choosing to believe in His goodness and that His dreams for me are FAR beyond my wildest imagination.  I know that He is already at work in me. He's been patiently waiting for me to let go already so He can move forward with His plans that He has already purposed for me. But, I keep getting in the way. I think I know better than Him. I don't. Shocker, I know. But I don't.

My prayer for this year is that God will continue to heal me, restore hurts and losses, make me braver, bolder and full of His goodness. That I'll learn what it means to know, undoubtedly, His love for me so I can really love myself in order to be better at loving my neighbors. I also pray that He'll awaken His dreams in me and fulfill the ones that have been hidden away on the shelf longing to come alive.  I pray for more wisdom, truth, joy, love and patience in my life. I want Jesus to overwhelm me with Himself. I feel all Rita Springer right now and want to shout, "more of you, less of me!" I realize this could be a dangerous prayer. But, I'm learning it's more dangerous to be lackluster and to choose not to move forward. I no longer want to be afraid of being who He created me to be. Even if it is different from everyone else. I'm me and that's how it's supposed to be. Different is not wrong. No one gets to define who I am. Or tell me what I can or can not do. My gifts and talents may not always wrap up in a perfect package; but it's okay. They are mine. I'm learning...it's really all okay. Better than okay. It's good.

I say: BRING IT ON, 2013 -- Let's do this party!!! 

I'm ready. Are you?

2 comments:

Misty Bradley said...

I hope 2013 brings you more joy than you can stand. I mean it. I hope it knocks you over with goodness. I love you, Rea Rea.

Raelynn said...

ahh, thanks. I receive that blessing. Love you much.