Saturday, January 5, 2013

Vegas

I'm in Vegas for my 1st time ever! And there are so many songs that are running through my mind!! Mainly, some old school Faith Hill, "Let's go to Vegas!" There are more, but that's the main I've been humming the past 24 hours. 

As of now, I'll let you know that I have seen inside of the Las Vegas Convention Center, a few taxi's, and my mini suite at THE Hotel. I can confidently say-with abundant thanks-that THE Hotel has been warmer and more cozier than the convention center. Seriously, I saw my breath for most of the day. My teeth even chattered. Apparently it's one of the colder weeks here in Vegas. The stupid union at the convention center, (and most CC's), doesn't put on heat during set up. Lame sauce!!! My day was long and full of manual labor. But it's all for the cause. I have a mission. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I have a mission when it comes to my job.

Now I'm in my hotel resting upon my comfy couch in my mini suite living room. I can see the twinkle of the lights in the entertainment capitol of the world. And as I stare out my window, I know there is exciting stuff happening down in the mix of those lights and palm trees with those little ant like people that are scurrying about. I could head out and join them. But I've had a LONG day. And hanging out amongst the people is not on the top of my list right now. I want to...but I literally don't have the energy. So what do I do? Here are my options.  

Option 1, Outside the walls of my room, but within the safe borders of my hotel, I could get tattooed and pierced, take a magic carpet ride, gamble, shop, drink any concoction I could come up with, go clubbing, explore the many dessert options, get a massage or a pedicure, watch a show, get hitched, etc. etc. That's all within the hotel borders. Then there's an even bigger Vegas world out there. I'd really like to go, but I can't. 

Option 2, Inside my hotel I can stay within the safe confines of my comfy mini suite that has 3 tv's, 2 bathrooms, a separate living room, an amazing steam shower, a tub that is more like an olympic size pool and a bathroom with it's en suite telephone. You know in case I need to dial up any peeps or chat with the front desk whilst taking a bathroom break. Multi-tasking at it's best. Oprah would be so proud. 

I know, since you've made it this far in this blog post, that you are dying to know what I chose for my Vegas Saturday night fun. 

Drum roll please......
Tonight for my Saturday night fun, I chose Option 2!!! I took a really long and very hot bath*, watched junk reality tv and ordered room service. I realize how this looks. I should be out and about with the people. I'm young and fun. But, I'm okay with my decision of hiding away in my room. Besides I have another 12 hour day tomorrow. R&R is just what the doctor ordered. 

Exhaustion WINS tonight!

*by bath, I mean, I swam around in hot water--trying not to drown.Maybe even do a few water aerobic exercises. 

#vivalasvegas

No comments: