Friday, December 28, 2007

"let go"

2 little words made from 5 little letters. and what do they make up?
one of life's hardest lessons.

i have been on a hard, but necessary journey the last half of this year. and within the last 2 months this learning to "let go" journey has been intensifying in it's desire for me to learn this, what seems little, but, huge lesson.

LET GO!!! i hear these words shouting at me in a quiet, but deafening voice. Let go. Let go. Let go.

and on this journey, one thing remains the same, i'm finding the hardest thing for me is to let go.

letting go of...
~trying to please others
~the way i feel things should be
~my expectations & preconceived notions of who i expect others to be
~the past
~worrying about the future
~what i can not control--even though i try real hard
~me

i have a few amazing friends who have been encouraging me along the way. to you few, and you know who you are, thank you so much for your constant support. because i'm finding this is one of the toughest lessons i've ever had to learn. the one i've known i've always needed to learn and the one my control freak self has been fighting against for many many years now.

but like i said, that quiet but deafening voice keeps repeating to me daily...LET GO!! so each new day i continue to take steps, baby steps that is, and continue pressing forward knowing that though this is difficult, it's going to bring forth the freedom in my life that i've been desperately searching for, for what seems like forever now.

No comments: