Monday, December 31, 2007

Vince & Amy

so, last night, as Hope and i sat at the airport waiting for Halen and Asher to arrive from SLC, we were chillin' by the arrivals gate when i saw someone who looked so familiar. and in my head i thought, "how do i know him? hmmm??" . then it occured to me, "i do know him, that's Vince Gill!!" and then i thought, "no!". but then i immediately noticed the woman he was with and it looked like Amy Grant. however, i just kind of dismissed it again. as i turned to Hope she sayed, "Is that Vince Gill and Amy Grant?" and I said, "Yes, you noticed too!" because for a moment, i thought i was seeing things. or i just assumed that Vince and Amy had dopplegangers running around DIA!


today as i've thought about seeing good ole Vince and Amy, it has brought back many memories from my younger years.

**i will confess...i had the biggest crush ever on Vince. yes, it's true. i remember thinking he had one of the most beautiful voicesi had ever heard. okay, i still do. oh Vince!!
**i will also confess...i wore out my Amy Grant "Collection" CD. actually, i think it was a tape!! Wow, i'm really dating myself here. I remember singing for hours to "El Shaddai", "Sing Your Praise to the Lord", "Emmanuel"...etc. Plus, "I Will Remember You" was our graduation theme song.

so, you see, Amy & Vince have been a part of my life for many years now. ;)

WOW!!! I could go on...
but, i choose to stop the memory lane train here.

No comments: