Friday, August 8, 2008

my mom is a baller!!!

when my mom picked me up from the OKC airport this week, i didn't recognize her at all.

here i was standing in passenger pickup looking for her black dodge durango. as i'm there looking around and waiting, i see this slick black ride pull up with someone waving at me. i just dismissed it, but the hand wave become more intense, and then there was a honk...i squinted my eyes and tried to peek in the tinted windows that were now becoming closer to me. since i am from oklahoma, i thought that maybe someone recognized me. but much to my surprise, it was indeed my mom in her new ride, a black dodge magnum with 22 inch rims. (she added the rim size when she told me what her car was...so out of respect, since it apparently seemed important to her, i am now telling you!)




when i opened the trunk to put in my luggage, i believe my first words to my mom were...
"mom, i didn't know you were a baller!"
which brought huge laughter to my nieces--who were also in the car--and my mom.
oh, the joy i do bring to my loved ones. :)

No comments: