Thursday, July 16, 2009

oh for cryin' in the beer cheese soup

today...i feel like HELL. not kidding. every freakin' muscle, ligament, joint and bone hurts today. heck even my eye lashes hurt today. okay that may be extreme. but damn it i feel the need to be dramatic at this moment! seriously that work out killed me yesterday. and somehow i need to manage to pull it together to do it all again tomorrow. what the F? i can barely even get in and out of my chair. i'm happy to know that there are others out there in pain with me. that's right. i hurt, so you should hurt. i'm all about equal opportunity. and it gives me just a wee bit of satisfaction that Carrie--who was sent by Zac to guilt me into this pain--is feeling a bit of pain today.

oh yeah, i went with Tasia to the late night showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night. we sat in the very back row, you know at the very top of the stairs. did she not see me walking--and i use the word "walking" lightly here--like an invalid? Hello!! Thank you for being a friend Tasia...sheesh!! When I made it to the top I quickly decided she was not in my Golden Girl Posse. She is no Rose to my Blanche, Dorothy or Sophia.
but i digress, and when it was time to head down. i didn't think i would make it. i sat for the 2.5 hour movie (that ended up being more like 3hrs due to mechanical failure--i thought all hell was going to break loose when the HP fans started grumbling and gettin' crazy) and my muscles rebelled at the thought of walking down the stairs. i thought about curling up into a ball and rolling down the stairs. but alas, i made it.

speaking of Harry Potter...when we were at the movie, 2 times the projector broke down. i thought those HPF's were going to come unglued and start a riot. i was sure someone was going to get cut. i had my shoes off and when the screen went out, and they sent some poor scrub at the low end of the totem pole at the movie theater to come out and tell them that they were trying to fix it, i quickly put my shoes back on. you know, in case i needed to run for my life. now i'll tell you honestly, that i wasn't sure how i was going to make it down the stairs should riot ensue because my body would not allow me to move. i think i finally decided on pretending to be knocked out already so maybe everyone would just pass me by. thankfully, the movie got put back on the screen and we all got free movie passes. nice.

now i must get back to work and become a slave to the man. but first, i'm going to attempt to get my aching bones out of this chair and walk into the lounge area and get my lunch. however, i'm starting to think, it's really not worth it.

No comments: