Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blog Catch Up!!

Wow...I've been MIA in the bloggy blog world. It has been awhile, my friends. I'm sure you've been eagerly awaiting for my wit, wisdom and Raelynn-ness.

Hmmm...where to begin? I'll start from newest and go to should have told you many moons ago....

First: I have incredible hair. Yes, vanity is running amuck with me right now. But I just love it. My hair has grown so much and then my favorite hairstylist, Judy Dillon, put these fun layers in my hair that makes my hair tossle and flow ever so fantastically. Sorry people, I'm really lovin' my hair right now. I waited it out and haven't cut it in so long. Normally, my hair gets to a certain length and i'll say, "forget it, let's cut it short!" But over the last year and a half, I've been patiently waiting it out. And trust me, that urge to cut it has been strong. My Native grandma would be so proud of me. She always liked my hair long. (insert tear here)

Second: For thanksgiving I made my first ever from scratch chocolate cake. I rocked it!! I was so nervous and felt so accomplished when all was said and done. It was absolutely fantastic. I can stand true to my FB comment when I said, I'm a baking goddess. Everyone loved it at Thanksgiving dinner.



Third: Went to Utah, again, to hang with friends and to get a little face time with Tiffany B. as I am planning to travel to Italy, Greece and Turkey with her this upcoming summer with the group, "Burn 24/7". I was a little nervous, but after meeting her I can tell that we will get along fabulously and the trip is going to be A-mazing!!! Utah was fabulous. I was able to go to the zoo with Jamie, Jaime, Shannon, Sharon and some fun wee kiddos to see all the cute baby animals. My favorite was the baby giraffe. Of course while in Utah I try to learn some new knitting; this time I learned how to knit a washcloth. But most importantly, I was able to spend time with GREAT friends, bask in Seevinck love and have morning latte's. It doesn't get much better than that.

Fourth: I've been working with a personal trainer the last 5 weeks. Her name is Peggy and I absolutely love her. She is pushing me to do things I never thought I could accomplish. I'm improving every day and each training session gets harder, so I guess that means something. Right?! Well, at least that's what Peggy says. And I must say I am noticing that I am getting stronger, getting more fit, and like I tell the Building Sup. boys at the Y, "I'm a machine!" Of course, these said boys also like to come up to Peggy during my session with her and tell her that I called her a "pushover" or that my workouts were "too easy"!! Which of course, I didn't say. But, I get worked harder nonetheless. I'm lovin' it though. And I'm completely determined. Peggy said that I'm the most determined client she's ever had and that my focus is amazing--she wishes she could teach it to her clients she's had for years. She asked me where I get it and I honestly told her that God had been working in me and revealed to me why discipline was so hard for me. Once I understood, I just started soaring. That lesson I will share with you on the other blog. I'm in the process of articulating my thoughts on that and will be posting it SOON!!

Fifth: Kate moved out. Sad! But Tasia, a friend and co-worker at the Y, moved in. Fun. We painted every inch of the house and it's so super duper cute. I'm lovin' it. But, I'm missing all my Kate surprises. And especially hearing her sing and play her piano in the mornings. I have no one to serenade me anymore.


I guess that's it for now. Other than, I really have "expectation" rising of what's to come. I believe the Lord has a few surprises up His sleeve and has been hinting at them for the last few weeks. Can't wait to see what they are!! I guess you'll have to wait along with me.

No comments: