Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Peggy-ed!!!

As I've stated in a previous post, I've been working with a trainer at the YMCA. Her name is Peggy and I absolutely love her. She makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING. However, during our Tuesday training sessions...when all is said and done...I normally feel exhausted and pushed to the limit; all while feeling extremely accomplished, amazing and strong. I've referred to these days as being "Peggy-ed". It's a new term at the Y, as a handful of other employee's have jumped on board and are working with Peggy now. We have our own support group and warn each other when Peggy is feeling "inspired"; because on those days you need to look out. No one is meeting with Peggy this week but me, so I was fortunate enough to be the first to workout to one of her newest inspirations.

Here's a peek into my Tuesday's with Peggy. (Thankfully she mixes it up so I don't get bored. And thankfully so I don't have to run 12 flights of stairs every time. Boo!!)

Warm up: 1 mile jog/walk on the track

Core Routine for Today (straight through, no breaks!):
Step 1: 10 chest/bench presses (weight 55 lbs.)
Step 2: Repeat step 1, then add 10 Squats
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2, then add 25 jumping jacks
Step 4: Repeat steps 1 - 3, then add 10 wide lat pull downs (weight 60 lbs.)
Step 5: Repeat steps 1 - 4, then add 1 minute plank
Step 6: Repeat steps 1 - 5, then add 10 burpees
Step 7: Repeat steps 1 - 6, then add 30 second side planks (right & left)
Step 8: Repeat steps 1 - 7, then add 12 arm rows (25 lbs)
Step 9: Repeat steps 1 - 8, then add 15 calf raises (70 lbs.)
Step 10: Repeat steps 1 - 9, then add 10 dead lifts (25 lbs.)

Which basically equals...
~ 100 chest presses
~ 90 squats
~ 200 jumping jacks
~ 70 lat pull downs
~ 6 mintues of planks
~ 50 burpees
~ 2 minutes of side planks
~ 36 rows
~ 30 calf raises
~ 10 dead lifts

Then throw in some abs, some stretching and end with encouraging words from Peggy. Afterwards you attempt to walk yourself to the locker room and hope that you don't pass out dead in the middle of the shower.



Needless to say....I am enjoying every single bit of it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

a burpee? i can do that one at home ;)

Raelynn said...

i want to see you try...
click on the link and practice before i get there.