Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nostalgia: Ba de ya - say that you remember

Tonight, after Glee, I spent this evening baking cookies and listening to Earth, Wind and Fire, the Temptations and many other of my Motown favorites. Music has always been my stress relief. I love ALL types of music. Coming from a large family as mine, we all have different tastes in music. Which, fortunately for me, has given me an incredible eclectic mix of music to enjoy 24/7. Ever since I was an adorable wee child....I remember my dad and I would put on his records and then I would sing and dance around the house. I normally would have him in hysterics as I would do the Motown steps as if I were a Pip, Temptation or Four Top. I've always been quite the entertainer.

Tonight I'm wishing my dad was with me here in Colorado because I would put on a show for him for old time's sake just to see him smile like he used to. I loved my dad's laugh. It brings me joy just thinking about it. So...The last few days I've had "September" in my head by Earth, Wind and Fire. What's a girl to do? Well, I'll tell you. Tonight I put the music on, baked cookies and danced around my house. Obviously, Tasia is not home tonight. I have to introduce this side of me to her in baby steps. I'm not sure she's ready to dance around the house with me yet. Kate was a pro at it. Kate gets me and my ways. Of course, Kate is a lot like me. After all, we did devise a song about a wacky religion we created, with Jamie McGowan's help, called the Norma's. As well as, songs about Spam and other randomness. (Man, I miss Jamie & Kate!) And with Matthew B we expressed our love for green beans in many a facebook video. Plus, Matthew would dance with me around the house or wherever we felt the need to express ourself in such a manner. So, see, I'm not sure Tasia is ready for this quite yet.

BUT, I digress....Basically, I'm left home alone tonight to my own devices and I've decided to take a walk down memory lane and bake comfort food. It's so healing for the soul. It's been a rough week emotionally for me and I needed to escape and unwind. I believe I accomplished what I was aiming for this evening.



"SEPTEMBER" by Earth, Wind and Fire




And a more creative version that has been circulating around by Pomplamoose




I'll admit that I was dancing as free as the Grandma was in the latter video!! That's right.

Ba duda, ba duda, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, baduba

No comments: