Monday, February 28, 2011

can't get enough of...

1. Adele

Love her, love her, love her!! I'm loving her new album 21. I listen to it on repeat 24/7. The first track on the album called "Rolling in the Deep," moves me in ways I can't explain. It's her voice, the musicality, the drums, the feeling of the song...it all beckons something deep within me. I can't even explain it. But I know that every time I listen to it, it evokes crazy emotions out of me. From crying to happiness to overall courage. And the drums just call me. I'm positive thats the natural tribalness in me. I must see her when she tours the grand ole U.S. of A. (Hope, don't buy tickets without me!!) Seriously. I absolutley love her.




2. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

This book has totally been changing the way I see my life. It makes me look closer at what I want my story to be. And there's really nothing fancy schmancy about it other than its simplicity of making you look at your life differently. It's really helping me face the giants and not feel like such a grasshopper. I'm halfway through it, but can already tell that I will re-read this book.

"fear is a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life."

Boring no more, my friends. And, giants, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!


3. Dessert

Yep. Utter yummyness. Living with Ellyn and Rhonda has changed me in so many ways for the better. And that statement alone deserves a whole other post. However, at this time, one thing I will always include in my life because of them from now on is simply this...dessert. For so many years I would feel guilty about dessert. There's so much more to this on an emotional level and how I can equate dessert to letting go and enjoying the sweetness of life, but we'll keep it light. Actually, I have had dessert almost every night that I have lived with them and have continued to drop the pounds--maybe not super fast but the point is I'm not adding them. And that's without working out. Booyah!! Yeah, I said that. I'm not sure I have ever said that before. Weird. Again, there's more to this on a differnet level. But like I said before, we're keeping it light for now.


4. Vino

"Red, red wine you make me feel so fine, you keep me rockin' all of the time."

Name that tune and you'll win a prize. Okay probably not, but it was fun to say.


5. Olive

Love this munchkin face. I keep trying to steal her from my friend Danielle but to no avail. Fortunately, she comes and hangs out with me at my house every now and then. Plus I get to see her at the Y every day.





and last, for now, but certainly not least....

6. Carlos

He works at Beauty Brands in Boulder and always makes my hair so damn sexy. He and I will be meeting again very soon. He always gets a good laugh at me when I'm in because when he is done wiht my hair I normally flip it around in the mirror and say the ever so famous pantene commercial line, "don't hate me because i'm beautiful!"

No comments: