Thursday, October 16, 2008

sick of being sick

so let's see....
about 2 1/2 weeks ago i got the sniffles--not a big deal. but the sniffles turned into a small cold, which turned into an upper respirtory infection, which turned into a knock me out case of bronchitis--that kept me up all night because i couldn't breathe and i sounded like chewbaca at times, which induced bronchial asthma. yes, i have a handy dandy inhaler now. boo! i have never had bronchitis or asthma before. i can, confidentely, say that i don't want either of them ever again.

the prednisone--strong steroids--and the albuterol make me feel all tweaked out. i can't sleep at night because they are like uppers and then the albuterol makes me all jittery and shaky. i only have 2 more days on the steroids, so hopefully i won't want to pull my hair out after that. this is why i never did drugs, i can't handle everything feeling all anxiety driven and out of my mind. but my kind doctor said that it will take about a month to get my lungs healthy so i have to keep the inhaler until they are better. but then he kindly added, "this could be a one time case of asthma because of the bronchitis; or you could have just developed it from here on...we'll just have to wait and see; so just in case i'm going to give you a prescription for the albuterol to help with "your" asthma for a year!"

well, thank you very much dr.corkern, but i will not have asthma for a year. i'm not claiming it. asthma sucks--actually it wheezes. and i'm trusting in Jesus to take it away. yeah i am!! i said it and i'm glad.

1 comment:

becca said...

Ewww yuck! I loath being sick. Especially the bronchial, wheezy kind. I wheeze when I'm around fur. Especially of the feline and equine type :( However I refuse to claim that I have the "A" word. The inhaler has saved me many a trip the the ER but still I feel your pain. May you be delivered from the "A" word!