Sunday, September 20, 2009

Really, I'm not a stalker.

The last few days have been trying, to say the least. So today after Ella and Zane's birthday party, I got dressed and ready to head into Pearl Street early to walk around and peruse some Boulder goodness before heading to Origins. I was excited to see the fall colors in all the garden beds down Pearl; as well as be around the general merriment that Pearl Street offers.




For those of you who don't know this about me...I love to people watch. I am fascinated by people and I learned early that you could learn so much by merely observing. As Jenn and I were strolling along Pearl Street we stopped at a bench to rest and wait for Karey while she was in Outdoor Diva's. We sat across from this adorable older couple; or rather, I should call them "lovebirds"!! They were in their own world as the man was telling his wife a story--all the while, holding hands and looking absolutely in love. I was wishing I knew what he was telling her because he was so animated and she was listening intently with a large smile on her face. I'm not sure what he was saying but she would throw her head back and laugh. It was absolutely adorable.


I continued to watch them because they were just so in love and genuinely enjoying each other's company that it just drew me in to their happy vortex; and I was so curious about them, what they were discussing, etc. And then all of a sudden he said something that tickled both their fancy because they both threw their heads back and laughed deep belly laughs. He was laughing so hard he had to cover his face with one hand and wipe the laughter tears away from his eyes. It was such a priceless moment. Jenn and I both thought that watching them made us joyful and hopeful. There was something about them that was so infectious. I was just happy the rest of the day after observing their interaction and jovial-ness.


After awhile they eventually stood up to leave and as they did, he grabbed her hand and pulled her close as they continued speaking to each other unaware of anyone else on Pearl Street.

I'll tell you blogger world, as I told Jenn, I realize I seem like a creepy stalker taking their picture and all, but there was something about them that was so captivating. I just had to do it.

No comments: