Wednesday, July 27, 2011

why i shouldn't be sick for an extended period of time

Oh the perils of sickness. Why do you hover around me? Is it that you feel I should be irritable, unsociable, achy, groggy and drained for over a week and half now? I fought against you while in Colorado. I wouldn't let you keep me down while I was with those lovlies. But here you are in full force. Pushing back. Pushing stronger. And here I am being a pushover. Yet, I still have some fight in me. Even if you don't care that the next week and half is overwhelmingly busy. You pretend to be blind to the fact that I have much to do and no time to do it in. You have no concern for my feelings of health and vibrancy. Bastard, how very dare you!! You keep me up at night tossing and turning. You keep me drugged where my roommates think i'm hallucinating. You have been a pain in my arse for 12 days and nights now. You have me talking to you as if you are a person. And if you respond, I won't worry or become concerned that I'm hearing voices. I'll know its the cold and cough meds kicking in and working their healing wonders and I'll soon be drifting off into sleepy time land. In spite of your non-concern for me, I tell you this...I will prevail. I may sound like Liza Minelli or Kathleen Turner or like I've been smoking for a hundred years. My throat may burn and my ears may ache. BUT, the show must go on regardless of your callousness. I will prevail, damn it! I will prevail.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

feeling any better?

Jana Martin said...

you make me smile. I hope you feel better soon