Saturday, September 20, 2008

my early morning awakening

on my way to catch the bus friday morning, this was my view....





it was blinding, it was breathtaking, it was great, it was glorious,
it was "Owww, what the....?"

all of a sudden i feel a sharp pain in the back of my head. i reach my hand to the back of my head to investigate the sharp sting and feel something in my hair. immediately my mind went to a spider and i rip out my pony tail--in the middle of the street--bend over and start shaking my hands through my hair rather violently. yeah, that had to be a funny sight. the sting gets more intense and i realize, no it's not a spider--thank the good Lord because spiders freak me out--but it was a freakin' bee. still not good, but not a spider. i finally get to the bee and yank it out along with lots of hair and throw that little sucker to the ground where he looked all wounded and shriveled. awww poor thing, NOT. he viciously attacked me. so basically, i fought the bee and i won. but that little sucker did have enough time to leave his own personal "good morning" wake up call in the form of a nice burning sting in the back of my head.

but i think the bee's were out for war yesterday. when we took the kids to the park for the full day at the Y, 2 of the kids got bee stings. one on his arm, one on his head. and then later in the day i was telling a friend about my morning sting and the 2 boys and it turned out, they too were stung by a bee. crazy!! what's going on here? isn't it too late for bees? maybe they are staging a protest and have decided to sting and go all "bee crazy" if anyone gets in there way. i know i'll in fact take another route to the bus.

No comments: