Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I can do anything good!"

Hope sent me this video via google chat a few weeks ago. And before I went to work this morning I had my own little affirmation session in my bathroom mirror.

Not kidding.

Needless to say it has been horrible at the Y. Oh, Summertime. Summertime is rough at the Y for me. Yesterday I was bitched out by almost every parent that called in and/or came up to my window. For real. I had a breakdown in the registration office when my boss walked in from being M.I.A for 4 days and her first order of business was to pile on more work. Have I mentioned that I'm already drowning and am behind as is at this point? I know I'm not supposed to take it personally, but when EVERYONE is bitching at you and you feel like you don't have support, it wears you down. Once the tears came my boss told me to walk outside and take a breather and pull my self together. Fortunately for me, Jacki and Jill were at the Y, so I could go find them poolside and take a moment to regroup. When I was walking out to the pool I was accosted with love by some of my favorite kiddos. First, Libby, who is a kindred spirit, and then I heard this voice go, "hi, hi, hi" and I looked for the voice and saw Zeph running for me and he gave me a big wet hug. I didn't even care. I just took in the lovin'. Then of course, Ava, Zane and Ella are always there with love for me when they are at the Y. There's something so pure and fantastic about kids and their love for you. It can't be faked. You get the real deal with kids.
It was a much needed break.

When Jill was leaving and I had started crying at my window, again (sheesh!), from being overwhelmed, she went and got me an iced caramel machiatto. And when she came back she left me with a drink and some words of wisdom that went something like this...."don't let these jokers get you down"!

My hero, for sure!!!

Yesterday was just one of those days. It is what it is. Today, after my affirmation, I had a better attitude and felt ready to face the crazies. Nothing necessarily changed regarding work and the people, but I felt more ready to conquer the day.

Anyway...for those of you that need a little affirmation to get your day going. Check out this wee gem.




Okay, your turn. Try it out in the morning before you walk out the door.

No comments: