Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rewind: 35th Birthday

2 months ago I had another birthday--the 35th--and had many mixed emotions about this particular one. Happy, sad, strangely adult and still overwhelmingly young and behind on "my plan" for my life.
I know, I know. I'm such a mess.

All that aside, what I want to focus on here is that fact that I was able to celebrate plentifully; first with my Utah Lovelies and then with my Colorado Lovelies. I feel adored and blessed by all of the amazing people the Lord has placed in my life. Seriously ADORED!!!

My Utah lovelies always make me feel so special, loved and like I belong. My life has been extremely blessed since I've started taking my trips to the Great State of Utah. And, lets be honest, I just can't get enough of the Seevinck lovin' that I receive. I feel so at home and safe when I'm in their presence. Plus, I laugh so much and always come back with new insight into life. They just have a way of doing that to me; most times without even saying anything. It just happens.
Love, love, love you all!!

My Colorado Lovelies are fan-flippin'-tastic!! I went to the Rio on my birthday; then had a slumber party with the Y Besties; and just when I thought it couldn't get any better I was able to have a wii bowling party with the lovely ladies that hold me up, inspire me and remind me of God's love everyday. I would be lost without these ladies.

One of the things that blessed me the most from my birthday was some of my friends wrote "35 Things We Love About Raelynn" in honor of my 35th birthday. I ran across it again tonight when I was straightening up my room. So I thought I would share it here because I love it so much.


********************

"35 Things We Love About Raelynn"

From Jenn
1. Her generosity and giving spirit
2. Her creativity
3. Her love of shoes!

From Gayle
4. How she can make me laugh effortlessly
5. How she faces life straight on...whatever comes her way
6. She pursues her passions
7. She has worked with that personal trainer! I would have quit a long time ago.

From Natalie
8. I love that Raelynn's heart is steadfast with hope and that she keeps trusting even when she doesn't understand how things will work out
9. I love Rae's shiny black hair and deep brown eyes--she's such a beauty!
10. I love that Raelynn can dive the depths of conversation and have your rolling with laughter

From Carol
11. I love that Raelynn honors and values family in truly Biblical ways...living life in community, loving, serving and always showing deep devotion
12. I love that Raelynn is a friend to ALL!
13. I love that Raelynn brings me overflowing joy and laughter in my life
14. I love that Raelynn loves some Strawberry FANTA baby!!!

From Liz
15. I love how she loves kids. She has an amazing way of connecting to them and making them feel special and important
16. I love her passion for her heritage
17. I love that she uses her voice to teach and bless on the worship team and with the kids
18. Her sharing at the CME about dreams
19. Her blogs

From Jacki & Jill
20. Her honesty
21. She is an encourager
22. She is always humble
23. Her gift of wisdom
24. She has such integrity and compromises for no one
25. She is full of grace and the first one to forgive
26. She has endless compassion, even for those who have hurt her
27. She is completely reliable
28. She is a warrior and intercessor for her family no matter what
29. She honors her spiritual leaders
30. She likes cheese tortillas
31. She is sacrificial
32. She loves Jesus, but is willing to admit that sometimes she is pissed at Him too
33. She is willing to share the knowledge the Lord has given her even if she is out of her element

From Shauna
34. I love her passionate fire for the Lord and people
35. I love the overflowing joy and laughter that she brings in every situation

From Halen
Bonus 1. Raelynn is inspiring in her tenderness to the Lord
Bonus 2. I LOVE that her love language includes chocolate bars
Bonus 3. I love that her love for others is accompanied by action

********************

Hello!!!

Can it get any better than that?? I don't think so. I keep this list in my journal and when I start feeling lost or in doubt about who I am...I read this list again. It always helps me find my way back and erases the doubt that is plaguing my mind.

This list is truly one of the best gestures of love I have ever received.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

This is beautiful Raelynn! I love that you posted it too! You are beautiful! xoxo