Friday, November 28, 2008

California Dreamin'

I'm in Cali visiting Rebecca & Vivien. Yes, Rebecca, I really came to see you. It's been a great couple of days so far.

Here's a rundown of the trip thus far....

Day 1:
I arrived late, but was still able to enjoy experiencing "The Catherine Tate Show" with Rebecca. I love this show. It's that awkward funny that you can't help but love. Nice. My favorite clips were the ones of Lauren.



Day 2:
I woke up and had homemade pancake balls made by the lovely Vivien. And then we went to see the movie "Australia". We didn't realize how long (nearly 3 hours) it was going to be and had to leave during the last 15/20 minutes because we were going to be late to Thanksgiving dinner. Which brings me to....I had Thanksgiving dinner with Rebecca's family--which was lovely, but awkward at the same time. Even though I'm a people person, during holiday's with other families, i'm never quite sure how to "be"! Silly, I know. But true nonetheless, I'm just weird that way. It's all the internal anxiety, but whatever. After dinner, I managed to get Rebecca to watch "Hairspray" and "Talledega Nights". She was definitely a trooper, that's for sure. 

Day 3:
San Francisco!!! We headed to San Fran this morning and I was super excited, as i've never been there. We crossed the Golden Gate bridge, which was awesome, yet a bit tainted for me as I had just watched the documentary The Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, there were no jumpers. After crossing the Golden Gate, we headed down to Fisherman's Wharf where we enjoyed a good lunch and walked around for a bit to enjoy the sites and the city. (I may or may not have had a bit of an anxiety attack along the way due to hunger, no caffeine and the car ride; but, Whatever. Ha!!)



You could see Alcatraz from the pier, I tried to get a few good pictures, but my camera sucks. Next, I had my first carriage ride, ever, with Rebecca and Vivien. Rebecca and I sat in the back snuggled up as it was getting a bit chilly, all the while I was driving her crazy with trying to take about a million photos. She secretly loved it. And Vivien found a friend in the driver, Derek. He was a fellow Kiwi, so they were "catching up!"





After the carriage ride, we headed down to Pier 39 to look around at all the hubbub of shopping, tourists and Sea Lions!!



We topped the day off with coming upon the lighting of the Christmas tree downtown San Francisco, an In-n-Out burger and buying a Christmas tree to decorate tomorrow evening.

I must get some shut eye, because tomorrow is the "local" tour of Davis/Woodland which includes a Farmers Market and whatever else we find along the way.

Last Hit!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! i'm so jealous!!

miss you lots!!

Raelynn said...

i am having a fabulous time.
miss you too.

Rebecca said...

thanks for the pillsbury doughboy pic. nice.

jbjbiujfbakjbfksjfkfjnfkjn ;p

it was a lovely day in s.f. but something tells me you liked the davis frog hotel the best ;)

Rebecca said...

oh, yea....see, becca, catherine tate rocks! you need to check her out. she's my favorite british comedian!

becca said...

Oh I know all about catherine tate. she is hilariously talented. It amazes me how she can come up with so many distinct characters--sometimes unrecognizable! My fave is when she plays a teenager -- american teen or just a plain british teen, "is it. is it." Both just kill me!!
Sounds like you have a fantastic time Rae. I'm glad you got to visit!!

Rebecca said...

that's lauren, of course. i aint bovered! i'm above it!