Friday, November 7, 2008

RE to the LAX!!

i have officially succeeded in accomplishing a "raelynn approved" relaxing evening. i like it. i love it. i want some more of it. i never thought it was possible but i managed it. i could get used to this relaxing business. i was a bit worried at first because my evening started off with dinner with friends at Cantina Laredo-- the Rio will always be my true love and this so-so experience just proves it. man i love that Rio. and focus: back to the point...since i decided to have dinner with friends instead of going straight home, i resigned myself to the fact that i might get pulled into many exciting adventures. but, thankfully, directly after dinner i went home, jumped in the shower to wind down, put on my pj's and hopped in bed with my ever faithful macbook (aka Macbeth) and watched last night's episodes of the Office and Grey's Anatomy. realizing it was still early and i wasn't ready for bed yet, i then decided to knit a bit. so i proceeded to NOT start the basket weave stitch, but rather attempt to knit a scarf for one of the wee ones i adore so much. 


i have to be honest and say knitting with thin yarn and knitting needles is hard for me. i normally work with thicker yarn & needles. but hey, this is how we learn!!  i'm going to stick with it--even though i feel like since everything is much smaller than i normally work with i'll never get done. but, i'll ignore that lie and knit away merrily. 

after knitting, i decided to catch up on my favorite blogs. check out some of my friends who are faithful bloggers, not to mention super fantastic people, on the right of this page. after reading everyone's thoughts, i thought, "hey, i'll blog about, hmmm...oh "nothing" really". but i just learned that:  nothing is just a state of mind. thank you rebecca for your wise words. so though i say it's nothing, it's only a state of mind. but who's mind? mine? or yours? and if nothing is a state of my mind only, then is my nothing, something to you? so maybe it's actually something, disguised as nothing. it's funny how that nothing can actually be something. don't you agree? hmmmm???

well, i guess i'll never know, nor do i really care. if i actually tried to ponder that it would make my eye twitch and stress me out. and as we know, i am RE to the LAXING. 

that's all. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

well, i suppose my nothing could be your something. and your something could be my nothing, hypothetically. but how can nothing really be something? isn't that like being kind of pregnant? you either are or your aren't pregnant (and for the record, i'm not). nothing can't kind of be something, now can it? ;~p`