Friday, November 7, 2008

this and that

WOW. the wind is silly crazy here in the lovely Boulder, CO today. while trying to walk down pearl street i have been pelted with leaves, twigs, runaway scarf's, etc. trying to reach my destination. the funniest part is watching people try to keep upright. you'll see someone walking, stumble, brace their self, and begin again. of course, if they fell, i wouldn't actually laugh at them.  gotta love that wind.

i'm hoping to have a lazy weekend. i've tried the last few months to have a lazy weekend, but the social butterfly in me gets pulled into many new adventures. my plan is to stay at home and try out a new stitch for a scarf. after watching a plethora of videos--because, woe is me, i have to teach myself because i have no becca in my midst--i'm thinking i'll try the basket weave stich. (see photo below)


so, Lord willing i won't have too many tantrums or become too discouraged. if anything, i can go back to my old faithful rib stitch. knit & purl. and actually, that stitch shown on "how to" videos is completely different than how i do it. i think i found the shortcut. yay me. wait, is that allowed? oh crap, what if it makes me less of a knitter. sheesh.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you knit? Wish you were close by...I have been wanting to learn how to either knit or crochet! That is great! I will attempt the you tube how-to videos someday when I get the scrapbooking table cleared!

Jenn said...

that looks complicated.... but i am positive you can do it! and it will be a beautiful scarf.

oh, and i think (tiny) tantrums are allowed while knitting. at least, i hope they are!! :)

Rebecca said...

wow, rae rae, that's a gorgeous pattern! you'll have to show me when you're here :)