Sunday, November 30, 2008

California Dreamin' Pt. 2

I've finished my last few days in glorious California. I have been able to get my sightseeing in of the beautiful State of California (except Woodland of course, that place was terrible! just kidding); as well as, lots of good fun with Rebecca, Vivien, Mook and Spencer.

Here's another run down on my last few days in Cali:

Day 4

On Saturday, we spent time in "local" goodness. We started the day with the Farmer's Market in Davis. Followed by selecting and purchasing a 2nd Christmas tree. Mook thought the first tree wasn't quite large enough, plus she wanted to support the local Boy Scouts troop. So off to their tree farm we went.

Rebecca  & Spencer making sure the tree is being put on the car properly!

After that, most of the day was spent decorating or attempting to decorate both trees, while Vivien worked on the front yard.

Day 5
Napa Valley!! The best day of my life. Right ladies?!
So fun friends, so fun. We drove up to Napa so I could get a good look at the vineyards that I know and love. Even in the autumn, the vineyards were spectacular. The colors were so amazing. On our way up, we stopped at the Oakville Grocery for lunch. It was crazy cool. I loved that place.









After we had a bite to eat we continued onto Napa. As we passed all the vineyards it was a visual experience that i'll never forget. Each winery does it's best to outshine the other. So there was plenty for your eyes to feast upon.









We strolled, or rather drove, around for a few hours and I enjoyed every moment of it. On ur way back we stopped to get yummy chocolate at Woodhouse Chocolate--if you haven't been there, you must go. It's fabulous. And the inside of the store is a dazzling treat. Plus I absolutely adore their logo and color choice. It's all very divine. And then carried onto Taylor's Refresher. A "must go" if you ever get the chance.


I have a thousand more pictures and a thousand more things I could tell you. But...this blog would never end. And already it has more pictures than I originally planned. All this to say, I have had a fantastic time and have had an amazing trip. And will be sad to leave tomorrow. 

Oh and many hand claps for my hostesses as they have been absolutely brilliant. 

I'll be back again. I just know it. :)

4 comments:

Elephant Girl A said...

You toured the state you live in while you were in California? That's pretty amazing. You'll have to tell me how you did that sometime. :)

Rebecca said...

we miss our rae rae!

Raelynn said...

nice. i'm such a doofus. i'll take the shame.
and also fix my mistake. :)

Rebecca said...

but you aint bovered, right?