Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Celebrating Jenn!!

It was 2 weeks after the fact--thanks for your patience Jenn--but tonight we finally got around to celebrating Jenn and her 25th year. We thought a little down home feel was needed to make it fabulous. What do you do? Well you head on over to Cracker Barrel for a yummyliscious-home cookin'-full of carbs-oh my gosh i'll never eat again dinner.

We (Sarah, Jenn & I) had a great time laughing, reminiscing of home...aka Oklahoma...and trying to get a high score on the peg game that supposedly tests your IQ. Which I sucked at horribly. Shhhh, don't say it. After many attempts at getting past the 3 remaining pegs mark I was stuck at, I believe I commented on the fact that I needed to work on some left brain skills such as logic problems, and what not. Sarah suggested we write with our left hand more often.



Regardless of my epic failure at becoming a genius on the peg game, much fun was had by all. Especially when our carb filled yumminess arrived, the peg game was forgotten as we noshed on mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, fried okra, dumplings and chicken fried steak. It was a smorgasbord of southern comfort. I can honestly say that I agree with Sarah when she noted that we are not conditioned to eat that way anymore. It was delicious, but after the fact...I was, no scratch that, I AM in pain. Especially since I've been working with a trainer. I just know that when I meet Peggy tomorrow I will be sweating out gravy and butter from my pores. That's going to go over well. But I digress....

We had a blast and enjoyed each other's company. I relished the fact that tonight, as I've been missing my family and my Great State of Oklahoma, I was able to feel a bit more at 'home' than I've felt in awhile. When Jenn, Sarah and I are together life somehow makes sense and a piece of what's missing or lacking in my life gets nourished by the goodness of friends who know me, love me and have journeyed with me--not only figuratively, but literally.


Again, Happy Birthday Jenn. You are loved and adored. I'm blessed by your friendship. I hope Steve enjoys Robbie P as much as you, as I know you'll have him on the flat screen often. wink wink!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks Raelynn!! I had a great time and it was just what I needed. So thank you for making it happen. :)

I feel exactly the same way about when we're all together--it makes it feel like home. Thanks for being that friend!!

and I will most definitely be playing the movie on the flat screen. on repeat. :)