Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shoes!!!

As I've noted on a few earlier posts, I was blessed with a very large gift certificate to DSW a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I took my gift card for a little spin. I had a couple of ideas what I wanted but really did not have anything concrete. I really wanted to go in and "see" what they had and go from there. When I walked in I felt like a kid in a candy store; overwhelmingly excited from the expectation of getting something yummy in a store of too many choices. I did, however, settle on a few things that I am excited to add to my collection of shoes and accessories. I was able to get a pair of cowboy boots, red patent leather ballet flats, running shoes--which I desperately need since I get Peggy-ed once a week and my running shoes are shot now, 2 scarves--one red, one black, and last but certainly not least, a red Nine West slouch purse. Love it, love it, LOVE IT ALL!!! I was so blessed. And am thankful to our CEO and Board Members at the Y that wanted to show a few of us their appreciation for the hard work we've put in the last year during our budget 'crisis'.

Here's a photo of the loot....



I'm soooo excited about my cowboy boots. The Oklahoma girl is always in me, for sure. Fun fact: When I was in middle school I loved wearing wranglers and boots. Yep, I really did. So for my 12th birthday my grandpa Rod took me to Tener's and hooked me up with all I needed to live my Oklahoma cowgirl dreams. I hear the country music welling up inside me as I type this blog even now.



My other fav purchase I'm excited to wear, but not today as its snowing upon my "i want to wear my new shoes day" are the red patent leather Steve Madden flats. Those of you who know me, know that I have a love affair with Stevie. So I was super excited to get these gems.




And if you can believe it or not, which I myself am having a hard time believing...I still have about a 1/4 of my gift certificate left. But, I want to save it for a few pairs of summer sandals!! Overall my shoe shopping experience was a definite blessing and the first time I've ever been able to say, "I'll take that and that and that and..." and not suffer from shoppers guilt after walking out the door. So fun. The YMCA certainly knew how to shower me with a 'love gesture' I wasn't expecting at all.

3 comments:

becca said...

HOW AWESOME!! I just got a gift certificate to a knitting store and what did I buy...a bag of course! One I would have never purchased with my own money. What a fabulous gift!!! Can't wait to see the sandles!

Raelynn said...

don't you just love gift certificates?! i know i do.
i want to see your purchase.

ps i miss your beautiful face.

becca said...

I'll post my purchase on my blog for my "30 days of beauty" challenge cuz she's a beauty!! Miss you too!