Monday, February 1, 2010

Joys & Concerns

In our Y programs during group time, we let the kids tell us their joys and concerns. Today I've noticed that I've had my own set of joys and concerns running amuck in my head. They are as follows (and in no particular order of importance!):

*************************

Joy = It's February 1st. and I really like the month of February as a lot of 'good' things happen, or have the opportunity to happen.

Concern = Finding gray hair. Enough said.

Joy = I made it through a Monday of work and didn't want to jump off the building. And was actually thanked for going above and beyond.

Concern = My family in Oklahoma has been struggling through the winter ice storms with no power and lack of necessities the past few days.

Joy = God is good...all the time. Even when I don't think so, He's still good. He just is.

Concern = In the words of Rebecca...my faith is slightly asthmatic and I need a puff from God's inhaler.

Joy = I'm getting in touch with my 'roots'--for lack of a better word--and digging up those things (gifts, talents, etc.) I've hidden away that are vital to me and my DNA make up in God's plan. I guess you could say I've been doing some personal excavation.

Concern = There is so much hurting in the world. It breaks my heart to the point where I literally can't breathe when I focus on any of it. It just doesn't make sense and I am overwhelmed with knowing I can't stop the hurting.

Joy = I've been loving listening to classical music the past week. Andrea Bocelli, Luciano Pavarotti, Yo-Yo Ma, Placido Domingo, Mozart and Beethoven to name a few.

Concern = I miss my Papa Jack. More than likely brought on from the classical music, as he was the one who introduced me to classical music at a very young age.


*************************


No comments: